Hobart Brothers is a renowned manufacturer of filler metals, offering a comprehensive range of products including tubular wires (flux-cored and metal-cored), solid wires, and stick electrodes. Established in 1917 by Charles Clarence (C.C.) Hobart, alongside his wife Lou Ella and their three sons, the company has a rich and diverse history, evolving from manufacturing generators, metal office furniture, and air compressors to becoming a leader in the welding industry.
The pivotal moment in Hobart Brothers’ journey came in 1925 with the production of its first welder, setting the stage for its prominence in the welding sector. The company further demonstrated its commitment to the industry by founding the Hobart Institute of Welding Technology in 1930, a school that has since trained over 90,000 welders.
During World War II, Hobart Brothers played a crucial role, manufacturing over 100,000 welders and around 45,000 generators to support the war effort, earning the Army/Navy E Award for excellence. The mid-1940s saw the inception of Hobart Ground Power, following a collaboration with American Airlines to create a generator for starting large aircraft engines.